These websites and books are useful for college bound students and their parents to access.
They offer assistance in your research and better prepare you for our time together. It is beneficial to obtain information using a combination of sources.
- www.collegedata.com – assesses chance of admission to colleges nationwide.
- www.collegeresults.org – includes retention and graduation rates.
- www.college-insight.org/ – Economic Diversity of Colleges
- www.niche.com/colleges – college reviews, rankings, and statistics
Choosing a Major:
- TED Talk – Julie Lythcott-Haims – How to raise successful kids without over parenting
- www.collegemajors101.com – research college majors.
- www.mymajors.com – quiz to help assess your interests in various careers.
Virtual Tours and Reviews of Colleges and Universities:
- www.number2.com – free test preparation offered
- www.testprepreview.com -free test preparation offered
- www.collegeboard.com – register for SAT
- www.actstudent.org – register for ACT
- www.finaid.org -offers comprehensive information on financial aid process.
- www.fafsa.ed.gov – application for financial aid – FAFSA.
- www.fastweb.com – scholarship search
- www.meritaid.com – merit scholarship search offered by colleges
- www.cappex.com – college search and scholarships
College Guide Books:
- The Best Colleges * Edition by the Princeton Review
- College Handbook: All New * Edition by The College Board
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Change the Way You Think About College by Loren Pope and Hilary Masell Oswald
- Fiske Guide to Colleges * by Edward Fiske
- The Insider’s Guide to the Colleges, * Ed. By Yale Daily News Staff
*reference most recent edition