It is a privilege and a passion to work with young adults planning for their futures.
My process begins by getting to know you and asking you where you want to go in life and who do you want to become? If you don’t know, not a problem. We will explore the possibilities together.
Yes, these are very profound questions and will require time and work to discover authentic answers. This is where we launch from as we begin an in-depth exploration for the perfect fit academic environment for you.
This is a fun and fantastic journey. At times it can seem overwhelming, my role to manage the process and as we move along, I will be transferring ownership over to you so you will meet success.
I will get to know you as a person, as a student and get to know the real YOU! I will try to have you view your full potential; perhaps raise your expectations to multiply your choices.
Developing a clear strategy to assist you and your family make the college planning process more efficient, strategic and less stressful.
My services are highly individualized: By understanding each students’ unique qualities, academic performance, potential, career aspirations, interests and motivations we develop a strategy. Empowering YOU to take full ownership of the college application process, after all it is your future!
How we get there:
- Review and interpret student performance, which includes grades, standardized test results, extracurricular activities, and community service
- Identify student’s strengths, weaknesses, and learning style
- Exploration of personal and career goals, values and interests
- Discuss opportunities and resources to enrich a student’s profile for admissions
- Create a preliminary college list
- Discernment over standardized testing, ACT vs SAT
- Timeline of High School course selections and rigor
- Ongoing consulting with college list, application strategies, and admissions decisions
Organization of campus visits with detailed agenda planned
- Suggestions on connecting with different resources at each college (coaches, faculty)
- Guidance with setting up interviews on campus and with alumni
- Mock interviews conducted targeting specific questions asked during the process
College Application – Essay, Supplemental Essays, and Common Application
- Develop model application forms and drafts of potential essays to use with the formal applications
- Guidance generating essay topics, reflecting the student’s unique qualities
- Advice and management with supplemental essays from each institution
- Guidance with forming the outline for the essay and supplements
- Suggestions for revisions until essay and supplements are complete
- Final applications and essays will be reviewed and deadlines for submission will be communicated
- Reminders on follow through for written recommendations from teachers and others